This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression
Written by two postpartum experts, a definitive guide offering compassionate support and solid advice on dealing with every aspect of Postpartum Depression (PPD).
If you or someone you love is among the one in seven women stricken by PPD, you know how hard it is to get real help. This proven self-help program, which can be used alone or with a support group or therapist, will help you monitor each phase of illness, recognize when you need professional help, cope with daily life, and recover with new strength and confidence. Learn how to:
- Identify the symptoms of PPD and distinguish it from "baby blues"
- Deal with panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive urges, and stress overload
- Break the cycle of shame and negative thoughts
- Mobilize support from your husband or partner, family, and friends
- Seek and evaluate treatment options
- Cope with the disappointment and loss of self-esteem